Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Debian Gnome is losing ground rapidly because it trades pretty for
> obvious.

Firstly I immensely enjoyed reading the details of your Distro Quest!

Regarding Gnome though, I find the old-style menus (where you can see
a long list of stuff at once without having to go through various
narrow categories) to be very welcome and easy to use.  In most cases,
I hate automation with UI's and prefer to do things with the keyboard
as much as possible.

Anyway, by all means, keep us posted on how things go.  With my old
Hitachi box, I'm (so far) pretty happy with Debian - although... I
can't watch YouTube videos, but that may be more to do with my
low-spec machine than the software.

Personally, when it comes to UI, I prefer function over form every time.

Lyle