Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
I went ahead and trashed my English (language) installation of Debian
and re-installed it as a Japanese language installation.  Now Japanese
input is working fine 日本語万歳! but I have to sometimes first
[Ctrl]+[Space] and *then* [Shift]+[Space] to get to 日本語, although once
there, just [Shift] + [Space] gets me into and out of Japanese input
from that point....

I haven't completely given up on Kubuntu/Ubuntu yet, but at this
point, Debian is easier to use than Ubuntu... which seems a little
strange...

Do you mean that Debian Japanese installation works better than Ubuntu Japanese
one? Or that Debian English one is better than Ubuntu, for Japanese input?
This is not what I understood from previous posts (I suppose all issues were coming
from English install, as I would expect Japanese version to include by default everything
necessary for JP input). I may be wrong, as I never tried.
If someone has time, it could be interesting to compare user settings for ibus/anthy (or mozc)
and LibreOffice settings between EN and JP: It could help to understand the issue, probably.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.