Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> I just tried on a quck F20, which is admittedly in Beta.  Firstly, they are
> changing the default from ctl+space to super+space, perhaps in a fit of Mac
> Envy (though Mac now has cmd+space default to search or something like
> that, I remember having to fix it for my wife.)

Just to confirm what was said yesterday, I wanted to re-install my laptop, so
I made again the test on Raring (fresh installs of Kubuntu then Ubuntu Gnome).
No luck with kubuntu for Libreoffice and iBus.
But no problem with Ubuntu Gnome.

The puzzling part with kubuntu was that I was able to get ibus to work *once*
(I could activate ibus and anthy (and mozc), and having them work) on libreoffice.

But as soon as libreoffice lost the focus, and got it again, it stopped working.
Restarting libreoffice and/or ibus, and I could get ibus to work again once.

Well, tell me what you think about this statement (they could be wrong):
Gnome and KDE share the same code for:
  - d-bus
  - ibus
  - libreoffice