Re: [tlug] linuxdevices for display on a tv

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 10:25:34AM +0900, Mattia Dongili wrote:

> The only first hand experience I have with ARM for playing video was
> quite some time ago (3 years or so), slow GPU or bad drivers made it
> impossible to play HD video. Maybe things are better now but GPU driver
> openness still tends to be a problem as far as I know.

I think this improved.  We will also get ARM as primary architecture
in Fedora20, this shows that it gets much attention.  The 64bit
aarch64 also makes progress.

> As for flash, not sure about the specific websites you use but even the
> most boring Italian news sites are using HTML5 video instead of flash
> (or if flash is not available) these days.

For learning Japanese, I enjoy http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/
which required Flash for reading the news, and the video
snippets.
For drama sites, i.e. http://www.gooddrama.net needs Flash.

cheers,
Christian