Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 08:30:22AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 12:30:28PM +0900, CL wrote:
>

> > The return to 12.10 is seeming more and more rational.  But, I'll take
> > your suggestion and try ibus-mosc and see whether that makes the desired
> > difference.  In my case (and, I think, in Scott's case) Japanese input
> > in everything else worked.  It's only the program I regularly use to
> > make money that is broken.
>
> Actually, in my case (but I didn't try very hard), I couldn't get it
> working in anything else either.
>
> At that point, I gave up in aggravation.  Note that I only keep this
> Lubuntu around as, ironically, for times when I just need something to work
> and don't feel like seeing if the latest Fedora has broken something or the
> latest CentOS is too old.

Ok, I just tried this on another Lubuntu install, a VirtualBox install.  In
that case, ibus worked as it should--added Japanese support, set up ibus,
and actually, that was all I had to do.  Next login, Japanese works anytime
I hit ctl+space, including Firefox and LibreOffice.  Same Lubuntu version,
13.04.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6