Re: [tlug] To Set This World On FIRE...

Raymond Wan writes:
 > On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM,  <fgs@example.com> wrote:
 > > Now top that.
 > >
 > > " Linus Torvalds Admits He's Been Asked To Insert Backdoor Into
 > > Linux... "
 > >
 > > What the f*c* is going on in this world??? I mean, don't know what to
 > > say...

How about "what else is new?"

 > It does not surprise me police have guns to hopefully protect people;
 > I'm more concerned how police are selected than the fact they have
 > guns.

In my experience, TV cop shows notwithstanding, most cops have a
strong component of "bully" in them.  I'm sure that in many cases this
is due to the biased view of human nature they get from their job, plus
the stress of the job, but I bet a lot of them start out that way.

As for your government contractors, curiosity is said to kill cats,
but humans would be extinct if they weren't quite a bit bigger than
most cats.  I'm not surprised that they look at any information they
can access.  Why can they access it?  Because security is tedious work
and those who should provide it are human: they put higher priority on
"legitimate" access than on accurate discrimination between legit
accesses and those that aren't so.  Or they put emphasis on denying
access, and the boss gets pissed off that he can't get at his needed
information easily enough, so he orders security turned off entirely.