Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

>> So, I do what I do in less user friendly environments, try manually setting
>> XMODIFIERS.
>>
>> XMODIFERS=@im=ibus konsole
>
>> This opens up konsole and Japanese works.
>
> When I enter XMODIFERS=@im=ibus konsole
>
> - I get:
>
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
> QCoreApplication.  Application may misbehave.
>
> - and... Japanese doesn't appear to be working.

Actually - it works when I go to start something up [Alt] + [F2], but
*only* there.  I must be getting close.  If I can get it working in at
least one text editor, then that'll be enough - I just need to have
the ability to input text.  If it works in a single text editor, then
I copy-paste it over from there into whatever....

Lyle