Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM, s smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:

>> > Share the same input method among all applications
>> Try without this checked.
>

> Thanks for responding - before I try that:

No change.  Still no Japanese input.

I keep seeing "open System Menu -> System Settings -> Language Support
and set the "Keyboard Input Method" to "ibus""

- but there's no "Language Support" under "System Settings"

What there is, is:

Under "Locale" > "System Languages"

Click on "Japanese", "input methods" is grayed out.

I can't believe this is so hard...  Maybe the only way to have
Japanese input is via a Japanese install?  But that's wrong... what
next?

Lyle