Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?

Darren Cook writes:

 > *: Just thought of a reason to stick with static IP
 > assignments. The NAS is small enough to take with me on trips, and
 > well over half my LAN devices are notebooks or smaller. So it is
 > possible the router (with the config) might almost be the only
 > device left behind. :-)

That is a good reason.  You might want to look into mDNS (aka
zeroconf) for that purpose; I wouldn't be surprised if your device
supports it.  (Nor if it doesn't. :-)

Also, you could always run a DHCP server on your notebook. :-)  True,
you have to keep the config file in sync, but there's only one.  Yes,
I know, "that's cheating!" ;-)

For bonus points (possibly including a Nobel Prize :-) figure out how
to keep only one copy of the config file on the NAS.