Re: [tlug] Accessing JB's WWWJDIC Off-Line

On 08/29/2013 12:08 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
I use Rikiachan in my browser.  The look-up window works off-line so
that gives Japanese-Engilsh and limited English-Japanese and uses the
WWW-Jdic files.
Any details on how that's set up?  And which browser are you using?
It's just an add-in to firefox so you add it like any other firefox add-on. And I mis-spelled it above -- it's rikaichan as in 理解ちゃん.

Maybe easier -- in firefox just go to
http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/
Add Rikaichan, a dictionary, the names dictionary if you want it, and re-start your browser. You might need to enable the look-up bar in the preferences for the device -- I've forgotten.

It's always been a solid piece of software and is one of the first browser jap->english dictionaries I remember using.

Steve S.