Re: [tlug] Distro support matrix

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Darren Cook wrote:

Aside: why is Ubuntu close to latest release on most things, but way
behind on Python (2.7x from 11.04 to snapshot, yet latest is 3.3.2
apparently; centos is still on 2.6)?
...ah, answered my own question: 3.x is not backwards compatible [1].
But 3.0 was released in Dec, 2008... Wow, they must really have changed
things to have the distros still refusing to stock it after 5 years!

As much as I understand it, the Python world is divided right now, with some projects holding out on Python 2, and some jumped into 3.
The transfer is from over, but advancing slowly into 3.

Shmuel.