Re: [tlug] Distro support matrix

> I don't recollect that exact matrix, but what it has, and does have is a
> list of packages per distro.  For example, go to the home page.  On the
> left is a list of latest distributions.  If you click on a name there, it
> will open with a list of packages in that distro.

Thanks; I think this was it. E.g.
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=centos I can see 5
releases of CentOS, and so can check the PHP and Apache versions that
come with each.
I thought it showed all distros in one big table, which thinking wbout
it would have been silly, as the ubuntu one alone is about 1600px wide.

Aside: why is Ubuntu close to latest release on most things, but way
behind on Python (2.7x from 11.04 to snapshot, yet latest is 3.3.2
apparently; centos is still on 2.6)?
...ah, answered my own question: 3.x is not backwards compatible [1].
But 3.0 was released in Dec, 2008... Wow, they must really have changed
things to have the distros still refusing to stock it after 5 years!

Darren

[1]: http://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.0.html