Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:
> Every once in a while, I go through the same process on Ubuntu 13.04
> but I always end up forgetting what it is I do.  Things have gotten
> easier recently and I think if I install the "ibus", "ibus-anthy", and
> "ibus-gtk3" packages and all its dependencies, then most of it is
> done.

As that doesn't show up in the Muon Software Center, I downloaded
the file (ibus-m17n_1.3.4.orig.tar.gz) and now don't know how to
install it (I've been depending on the "Software Center" for too
long...)

Wait... just found it via the Muon Package Manager... installed it...
no Japanese input... looked for ibus-anthy in Muon Package Manager...
found it... marked it for installation, which brought up python-glade2
and libglade2-0 as dependencies... OK... installed... no Japanese
input....

Looking under "ibus" in Muon Package Manager, a long list of things
come up... currently I have the following installed:

ibus, ibus-qt4, and ibus-anthy

Running ibus-setup and... still nothing under Input Method...

Let me look around thought the comments some more.  At this point, I
would say that it appears it's better to go looking for things under
Muon Package Manager rather than Muon Software Center...

Lyle