Re: [tlug] NAS RAID advice

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:
> 2013年 8月 26日(月)5:11 pm に Stephen J. Turnbull さんは書きました:
>> Raymond Wan writes:
>>
>>  > This is embarrassing, but so far, I haven't connected the Buffalo to
>>  > my Linux system; it's connected to a Windows system...

To come back to the Buffalo option, I got a 1TB one a few years ago.
I was able to  "hack" it to get a ssh access (useful for backups).
In fact, this is a kernel replacement.

Please have a look on:
    http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Main_Page

Maybe the new hardware are supported?
About my machine itself, it is *slow* (at least in my raid-5
configuration). But having
the ability to get ssh access gives some fun.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.