Re: [tlug] Accessing JB's WWWJDIC Off-Line

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Benjamin Tayehanpour
<benjamin@example.com> wrote:
> On 24 August 2013 09:19, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to install: Jim Breen's "WWWJDIC: Online Japanese
>> Dictionary Service" so it can be used off-line?
>
> If you mean the content itself and not the actual web service, you can
> download the EDICT files and read about different pieces of software
> for using them (including "xjdic", the one Breen is using) at [1].
>
> [1] <http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/j_edict.html>

Thanks!  Looking at that, a distant memory surfaces of my asking this
question some years before!  In any case, I'll look over that page
carefully and see what's what.  I really do prefer to have reference
dictionaries on the hard drive.  Zero access issues, and no worries
about unwanted change or the connection being broken (for whatever
reason).

Lyle