Re: [tlug] Proprietary derivatives of FLOSS and other absurdities

On 15 August 2013 05:18, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Calling Dmitri Sklyarov a "traitor", despite Sklyarov's lack of
> U.S. citizenship or avowal of the free software movement is his
> classic public bobble in this direction.

Sorry, I forgot about this one. Yes, with RMS there generally is no
middle ground, and he uses language which some people may find harsh
or downright offensive. But, having read all the quotes of RMS on
Sklyarov, the only thing I actually infer from them is envy, that RMS
would have wanted to be in that position himself, in order to make
some noise and bring what he feels is the underlying issue to a head.
Basically, RMS was put out for not being Sklyarov. Or for Sklyarov not
being RMS. A wasted opportunity.