Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 > P.S. My trimming is voluntary following some advices. If trimming
 > this way is still good on 2013, just to "save time for the reader",
 > then it is wrong. Readers will have to find-out in all trimmed
 > messages one by one where we come from.

I don't think anybody advocates trimming that far.  I think a
reasonable goal is to vaguely approximate 1:1 in quotes to reply, so
you could have included up to 5 more lines from Josh's post.[1]

Yes. I totally agree.

But trimming will always leave out some of the context, by definition.

Obviously.

If it isn't for you, that's unfortunate.  Perhaps you can change your
reading software, or switch to digest mode to ensure that all the
messages come in one place.

I don't have such issue. Thanks anyway.

we're not going to go all the way to
top-posting to maintain entire threads in a single message.[2]

I never asked for such thing! As you have a good software, and follow
this thread, you know why I decided to trim to extreme (I even wrote I
did it voluntarily, to make clear that this is not what would do normally).

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.