Re: [tlug] Proprietary derivatives of FLOSS and other absurdities [was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?]

Benjamin Tayehanpour writes:

 > Well that's the point, isn't it? In my humble opinion, there is no
 > social context (or a negative one at best) if the will and ability to
 > reciprocate isn't there. If the benefit is one-way, it's not sharing.

No room for altruism?

 > Regarding the other matter, I will concede that your guess is, indeed,
 > as good as mine, as expected of an area of law backed mainly by insane
 > troll logic.

Thomas Jefferson was an insane troll?

 > We'll just have to put our faith in RMS and the FSF for
 > the time being, I guess, until better times arrive.

Now that is all around plausible, but ... it's funny.  RMS is the
classic example of an inability to share or compromise.  True, he has
done a lot of good ... but it's all about him.

Just food for thought ....