Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

Bruno Raoult writes:

 > I understand current software are changing netiquette rules ?

Nope.  The basic rules remain the same.  Trimming is necessary.  If
you top-post, Gmail will do that for your readers.  Maintaining the
flow of the conversation is necessary.  In channels maintaining
traditional netiquette, inline discussion and explicit trimming are
required.  However, for "modern" business channels, top-posting has
become appropriate.

http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Teach/IntroSES/socsys.html

 > That I could not even split to a new one, keeping the history ?

Choose another software, then.  What you do is still *your* choice.
What others do, well, that's a PEBSAC.

 > Do you need aspirin like me, when simple things should stay simple?

I myself prefer to rewrite the software.  That's what this is all
about, no?  That doesn't mean doing the rewrite personally is open to
everybody, but if enough of us are writing and others are helping to
specify good FLOSS, we'll all have what we need.