Re: [tlug] [not Linux related] Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?

Sweden suffered this too, recently, with the 2009 film "Män som hatar
kvinnor" which 2011 got an American remake (okay, not technically a
remake, as it is independently based off the novel) known as "The Girl
with the Dragon Tattoo". That's right, a two year old film got a
remake. What's worse, they actually went to Sweden to film it. In
American English, and (if memory serves me right) with police vehicles
imported from the USA.

I can't explain it, other than with the hypothesis that most Usonians
are unaccustomed, unwilling, or even unable to read subtitles. With
that said, both films were successes and each won a bunch of prizes
and sold out at the box office, so obviously there were room enough
for both of them, and the 2011 remake was a good idea. There's just a
tiny elitist part of me which wishes it weren't.

(By the way, what's the policy for off-topic content here?)