Re: [tlug] Sounds of Silence - SOLVED

Gonna talk to myself:

On 08/07/2013 06:27 PM, CL wrote:
On 08/07/2013 05:42 PM, Darren Cook wrote:

Wouldn't it work just as well, but be more predictable, to use some
server IP you can be sure would never exist, e.g.

    PULSE_SERVER=10.200.200.200 /usr/bin/skype &

I'll try that and reboot.

Tried and went back to localhost. When starting, it takes almost 40~50 seconds for Skype to connect to my LAN whereas it connects immediately under localhost. General program sounds were delayed 1~4 seconds and, when I tried a Skype Test Call, connecting took almost 5 seconds vs immediate with the script addressing localhost. There was a perceptible lag in in-call sounds and the quality of the playback was noticeably muddier.

Maybe my reasons are a bit qualitative.

--
CL