Re: [tlug] Japanese fonts under Android

2013年 8月 7日(水)4:19 pm に Jim Breen さんは書きました:
> I recall the issue of non-Japanese Android devices displaying
> only Chinese-style characters was aired here some time ago.
> It seems initially they were shipped with a single system font
> file, which had Japanese-style characters for the Japanese
> market and Chinese-style ones everywhere else. The issue was
> flagged with Android as a problem two years ago:
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=19660
>
> The only change that has been made, starting with 4.0, is to
> let you see Japanese properly if you change the system locale
> to Japanese, i.e. you get everything - menus, error messages,
> the lot in Japanese. There seems to be no application-level
> locale setting.

Some progress has been made with 4.2: there is still no
application-wide setting, but locale can be set on
per-TextView basis. Cf.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/TextView.html#setTextLocale(java.util.Locale)

Of course, a Japanese font can be forced on rooted devices,
but that's not a real solution.