Re: [tlug] A Crowdfunding Success?

Maybe a bit naive but when I put money in a project on crowd source like sites I put it in with the idea that it is gone and hopefully I will get something back. Same for when I loan money to family. :-P

The reason I get ticked about the 401K/bankers was that was money I invested (definitely without the idea that it would go poof) I have a better idea since than what those markets can be. Even ING and others I have... constant transfers to other 401k managers turn-overs to other companies and the like. In the end it has turned into a contact nightmare. I suspect all that invested money is gone long before I hit retirement age. In reality I see the 401k as the same now an investment in a promise that they will try to grow my money but in the end I may lose it all.

In answer to the earlier question, would I be angry ordering a book from amazon and being charged for not getting it... yes, but I don't pre-order books... (well except from O'reilly) I would be angry as well if they digitally wiped all the books I bought from my kindle... oh wait they have done that to people.
http://www.examiner.com/article/amazon-wipes-user-s-kindle-to-remind-us-we-license-don-t-own-digital-content-1

To be fair though many companies are going to service/content providing and they have the instant off option at their discretion. In the end they have the option to take my money give me nothing in return, even if they have it... Doesn't seem too different to me.