Re: [tlug] Sounds of Silence

On 07/28/2013 11:01 PM, SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:
Could you burn a liveCD (won't touch your HD as you know) of distro
OpenSUSE, "KDE" flavor and check what you get "out-of-the-box" (just by
playing with your prefer, defer order on your audio settings) and report
back here?

Been there, done that. I arrived back at Kubuntu after making a two month pilgrimage through the various *nix flavo(u)rs. I _almost_stopped at SUSE but, having been raised bilingually, didn't like most of the interactions between "experts" and newbies in my "other" muttersprach.

For me, it isn't just the OS, it is the conditions of the water in which that particular fish swims. Hence, I also avoid Debian and spare that corner of the world many of the descriptive phrases I have learned over the years.

Chances are you'll solve your audio issues just by doing that. If turns
out to be the case, it's up to you to decide which way to go.

Actually, the solution seems to somehow depend upon sending a message about the problem to TLUG and rebooting. I have not completed all testing, yet, but my system seems to be doing most of the sound things I was not getting it to do before.

Strange things are going on ...

--
CL