Re: [tlug] Reverse DNS Delegatation

Dear Curt,

Here is my real world experience backing my sentence.

Not too long ago I had this VMware's Zimbra appliance (well, as of this
week not VMware's anymore) that we decided to change to a new up stream
provider. The reason I take this as example is because was fairly
"out-of-the-box", all underlying services enabled and a tracking record
of good working order under the previous provider. Fairly standard as
prescribed by the manufacturer. Did the job myself.

I watched on web console this 15k plus messages being held up in queue.
Thought to myself, what the f*c* is going on here??? :) Since our "rDNS"
config was still pending from our bureaucratic up stream provider, I
thought, let's be methodical here. Once I have this in place, I'll think
of something else.

Was sitting there live, online. The minute they committed the "rDNS"
record change, things started to follow again.

Regards,

--
                SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /
     suporte@example.com # +55-21-7894-7272 [@GMT-3]