Re: [tlug] Something Called Gaimen Kirikae...

Simon Cozens writes:

 > I was unclear. If you're from the EU/Canada/Australia/Korea/etc.

Note that the U.S. is not on that list.  (That cracks me up.)  It
ended up costing me two trips to Mito and about 3 man en.  Altogether
it took about 3 months from initial application to receipt of license.
You might be able to turn it around somewhat faster, but it's not easy
to pass on the first try in most jurisdictions (this is a deliberate
policy, under administrative guidance, by the association of driving
schools, which curiously enough supply the examiners as well...).