Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

>> Maybe it broadcasts up and out, but not down?  Try turning it on its side
>> and see what happens with the signal in the room under it.
>
> This will change the polarizaiton of the antenna, so you'll want to make
> sure you turn all your other devices using that access point on their
> sides, too. :-)

Do antennas have polarization, or was that a joke?
The router is on the floor, so often knocked on to its side, and often
straightened up again. Never noticed any change in any room (but never
tested it systematically...)

I did think to experiment with moving it around a bit; I imagine it is
just a metal girder blocking the signal, so moving it just 1m might make
a difference.

Darren