Re: [tlug] kickstarter for open source...

Edward Middleton writes:
 > On 06/17/2013 01:45 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Edward Middleton writes:
 > >   > I think crowd funding is still in its infancy but it does look to
 > >   > me like it could have significant potential to fund the development
 > >   > of certain types of opens source software.
 > >
 > > Which types? :-)
 >
 > It seemed to work for this
 >
 > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1397300529/railsapp

That's interesting.  I guess I wouldn't really class that as software
*development*, but rather as *packaging*.  It's a marketing or
educational expense.  I'm not asking you to agree with me on that.  I
certainly agree that it is *support* for open source development.

I'm surprised it was considered to be worth, what, about 3 man-months?

Steve