Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

On 2013-05-24 17:19 +0900 (Fri), Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:

> I've never noticed any problem with interference....

Have you checked? The problem would be "noticed" when you verify that
you have slower transfer rates than expected, which can be rather
difficult to figure out in a complex situation such as a house in an
urban environment.

On 2013-05-24 17:43 +0900 (Fri), Nikolay Elenkov wrote:

> Setting it up on a channel few people in the area use also helps.

Keep in mind that channels less than six numbers apart overlap to some
degree. So if only channels 1 and 12 are in use, channel 6 will be
pretty much interference free (from those two sources, anyway). But if 6
is also in use, channel 5 will mostly overlap with channel 6 and a bit
with channel 1. (This will still work, though, and it's still better to
use a channel as distant as possible from the others in a situation such
as this. Channel 3 or 4 would be a good choice. Or Channel 14, if you have
a Japanese unit. (North American units go up only to 12.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.