Re: [tlug] Dust busters?

Hi Darren,

On May 22, 2013 3:42 PM, "Darren Cook" <darren@example.com> wrote:

> My dell notebook (2.5 years old) sometimes overheats and suddenly shuts
> down. And it is getting worse. (*)

Laptops from a generation ago :-) use to have a docking station which you could buy.  Besides adding USB ports, it had a huge heat sink to dissipate heat.  Perhaps your model has one?

Unrelated to computers, I have a PS3 which I use USB fans to cool it.  I haven't measured its effectiveness, but its internal fan doesn't need to turn in anymore.  Something else to consider...

But sorry, no super fan as far as I know.

Ray