Re: [tlug] [OT] Short-term cell phone access (SIM card, etc.)

2013年 5月 21日(火)11:43 am に Lyle H Saxon さんは書きました:
> Will be meeting up with a few people who are visiting Tokyo as tourists
> and
> I was asked about buying a SIM card here.  I haven't a clue.  Here's the
> relevant stuff I got via three different e-mails from three different
> people.  "A" isn't coming here - only "B" and "C".  Any tips about this?

If you have an unlocked phone, you can use a Japanese SIM. If not, you can
rent a phone at Narita and use that (expensive). Or use roaming which is
also expensive but works OK for the occasional call (e.g, when they get
lost :)). Generally not good for data.

B-mobile has a 'visitor' SIM which you can order online and have delivered
at the Narita post office so you can pick it up when you land. It's data
only though. As far as I know, buying a voice SIM requires a permanent
address in Japan, so not really available for visitors. You can rent one
from Softbank (and probably others) though.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/

http://www.softbank-rental.jp/e/rental-plan-ib04.php