[tlug] [OT] Short-term cell phone access (SIM card, etc.)

Will be meeting up with a few people who are visiting Tokyo as tourists and I was asked about buying a SIM card here.  I haven't a clue.  Here's the relevant stuff I got via three different e-mails from three different people.  "A" isn't coming here - only "B" and "C".  Any tips about this?