[tlug] [OT] How's the job market?[1]

David J Iannucci writes:

 > How hard do you think it would be for me to score a nice
 > programming gig with enough income to raise a family in the current
 > Tokyo job market?

Looking at the software and web sites I'm forced to use, I'd say if
you have one settable neuron left in your brain, you'd be more than
qualified here.  Most of the software engineering profession seems to
have been burned into ROM in 1995.  (Present company excepted....[2])

More seriously, the financial markets are going great guns, and they
seem to have a big appetite for programmers in general and gaijin in
particular.

Footnotes:
[1]  I thought this wasn't actually OT on this list, as long as you're
not a spamming headhunter. :-)

[2]  And I'm just bitter, of course.  Surely there is great software
being written in this country ... it's just not being used by my
employer or the volunteer organizations (including GSoC![3]) I work with.

[3]  Actually, Melange isn't *all* bad ... when it deigns to reply at
all. :-)