Re: [tlug] Is a power supplier under warranty?

>> What does "one year guarantee" mean then? :-)

> Usually it's a "one year warranty"; but yes, you have a point...in
> order to compete with the bigger fish, some manufacturers offer
> guarantees instead...

I thought they were synonyms (and my dictionary for 保証 lists both
guarantee and warranty), but a quick google tells me (that in British
English at least) a guarantee is what you get as part of your main
purchase, a warranty is something you pay extra for:
http://www.access-legal.co.uk/free-legal-guides/whats-the-difference-between-a-guarantee-and-a-warranty-1314.htm

Which is being pedantic but, hey, this is TLUG ;-)

Darren