Re: [tlug] VLC is looking for mirrors In Japan

On 19 March 2013 19:48, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
> I guess people in Japan will have to stick with slow mirrors outside
> the country...

In these days of clouds you can never be quite sure where the server
might be.

When Tokyo Gaidai shut down my WWWJDIC mirror there, I asked
around for a replacement site in Japan. The translation company
Gengo.com offered to provide one for me, and hired one from
Amazon.jp.  Once I set it up, I noticed that in fact it was actually
somewhere in Maryland.  8-)}

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University