Re: [tlug] Headphone repair

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM, A.Tomita <atomita@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:19:29 +0900
> Andreas Kieckens <akieckens@example.com> wrote:

You can (should?) use short links to amazon most of the time, like:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003DXBMGM

>> I thought about cutting the short and soldering it back on myself but
>> unfortunately, it's where the wire meets the noise cancelling controls
>> in the middle of the cable. If anybody knows of a good tutorial for
>> replacing the wire near the NC controls (as opposed to replacing the
>> plugin jack), I could take on the quest of fixing them myself. I've
>> never soldered anything before but there's a first time for everything.
>
> are you able to open the NC control, like in this picture?
> http://whizzyifti.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/fixed-itheadphones-volume-control/
>
> if yes, bring it to the next TLUG meeting and we can solder the wires together.

Or to the Tokyo Hacker Space meeting (today, and every Tuesday).
I am not coming tonight I think, but someone may be able to help you.

http://www.tokyohackerspace.org/en/node/172
Every Tuesday from 19:30 is an open house (free) event.

A few TLUGgers are regulars there as well.

Kalin.