Re: [tlug] Linux Notebook

> P.S. It used to be I was annoyed by Windows pre-installed just for the
> extra cost to me for no real value; but Windows 8, and that new BIOS,
> make me nervous that it might stop me installing Linux at all.

I had bad first impression as well with brand new Dynabook R732 when I
saw the error trying to boot SysrescueCD.
But it turned out that I just needed to flip an option in the BIOS -
now happily using 2 such machines.
On a side note I booted W8 to see what it is, I'll probably not repeat it ;-)

Kalin.