[tlug] linux mint japanese input

Hi All.

Is anyone running Mint?  I read a good review and decided to give it a try.

I'm trying to get Japanese input going at this pointand am configuring Language. They have a tool like Ubuntu(no surprise) for this and ibus isn't one of the options for keyboard input. I'm seeing lo-gtk and th-gtk. I'm wondering where to go from here. Should I install ibus? What about anthy. If you have any warnings/suggestions before I proceed -- please advise :)

Thanks
Steve S.