Re: [tlug] rpmbuild on Mac

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <shmuelfomberg@example.com> wrote:

Stephen wrote:

There doesn't seem to be an rpmbuild port; are you sure you don't mean
the port rpm itself?

rpm comes in several versions; the one labeled "rpm" is v4.4.9.
Presumably that's an oldie but goodie, although MacPorts isn't as
careful about that as say Gentoo.  Try something newer ("port search
rpm" for a list; AFAICS "rpm54" seems to be the latest.

Yes, I've installed rpm54, and that installs 'rpmbuild'.

I ended up with the following .rpmmacros file:
---------
%_topdir /Users/sfomberg/code/powercms_rpm
%_tmppath /tmp/rpms
%__spec_prep_cmd /bin/sh
%__spec_prep_template #!/bin/sh
%__spec_prep_post exit 0
%__spec_build_template #!/bin/sh
%__spec_build_post exit 0
%__spec_build_cmd /bin/sh
%__spec_install_template #!/bin/sh
%__spec_install_post exit 0
%__spec_install_cmd /bin/sh
%__spec_clean_template #!/bin/sh
%__spec_clean_post exit 0
%__spec_clean_cmd /bin/sh
%_build_name_fmt %%{ARCH}/%%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm

not pretty, but that made it to work.

Shmuel.

I second the VM option, just throw virtual box on your system and CentOS or something like that, probably much less time than trying to get it up and running on your Mac.