Re: [tlug] WiMax for mobile internet?

On 木, 2013-01-24 at 08:41 +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, why can't you just get it unlocked?
>
> Ignorance! Is it possible to do it without damaging the phone, or
> affecting the way it works with Softbank? (E.g. I'm happy to just
> update the android version when told to, I don't want to think about
> those details... perhaps I'm confusing that with root-ing the phone?
> Are they separate things?)

I unlocked my old Android phone very easily. It was just a matter of
installing a program and running it. Of course, the phone had to be
rooted to run the unlocker. It never affected anything I did with the
phone, but it did enable me to sell the phone to a guy from India for
more than I had bought it for when the contract was up.
--
Stuart Luppescu <slu@example.com>