[tlug] Speaker Noise

Can anyone recommend an electrical filter setup or speakers which are not easily driven by residual power from a tower system?

I'm running a Kubuntu AMD tower and a diskless HP (WIN XP) Thin Client at my desk. Both share USB mouse and keyboard, DVI screen, and speakers through a CPU switch than can be switched with a button or a keyboard key combination.

Problem is that, when I switch to my desktop machine, the speaker driver magnets are receiving bleed energy from somewhere in the tower (one of the two sits about 20cm directly above the top of the tower / power supply) and give a constant low frequency whistle that rises and falls while I work, changing pitch when I switch virtual desktops. So, I have been working with the speakers off quite a bit, but that has led to missing the aural signals I set up so I can catch incoming Skype messages ... and the internal intercom I set up so my wife can call me to dinner without shouting (can anyone guess which of these problems is leading me to ask?).

So, I am looking for a way to either filter the noise or a recommendation for a good set of desktop speakers (wired, preferably) that are not so susceptible to picking up noise through the magnets. A couple of sites I've checked recommend an 80 or 100 silver / gold / platinum-rated power supply which, they allege, are better isolated than unrated supplies. But, since these sites just happen to have a "buy it here" page for power supplies I am suspicious. Other options welcomed.

--
CL