Re: [tlug] USB Hub v Power Injector: The Mostly Unimportant Differences

On 10 January 2013 03:51,  <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> I've not seen hosts monitor power actually used by devices
> and turn them off for exceeding their allotment [...]

The one on my 2006-vintage MacBook does monitor the power, but when a
device draws more than its allotment, it actually turns off all the
*other* USB ports! I see this happen from time to time when using my
USB-powered speakers on max volume.

Odd behaviour, but since I never have a hard drive or memory stick
plugged in whilst watching a film, it has never caused me any
problems.

Cheers,
Josh