Re: [tlug] DVD Region Issues

> You can read the data directly and avoid using the DVD player software.
> That's my experience.

The drive *firmware* prevents the *hardware* reading a disk that has a
region code that does not match what the drive has been set to. DVDs
with no region code always read fine, of course.

This has been the case on all DVD drives I've tried in the past few
years, though not on any older than that. With the footnote that "all"
is a sample of just two drives, both of which are internal DVD drives in
notebooks.

Darren