Re: [tlug] USB Hub v Power Injector (was External DVD drive: LF-P767C-Panasonic: Power From USB Host or Input Jack)

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:53:16 +0100, Francois Cartegnie <fcartegnie@example.com> wrote:

> Le 09/01/2013 04:29, Kalin KOZHUHAROV a écrit :
> > As I general precaution for USB power problems (on other peripherals)
> > I use miniUSB power injector from I-O data
> > http://www.iodata.jp/product/hdd/option/usb-acadp3/
>
> How is that different from using a externally powered USB hub between
> host and device ?

As a practical matter, using an externally powered USB hub
between host and device is pretty darn similar to using
the I-O Data device between such. Do you want to know the
mostly unimportant differences?