Re: [tlug] 文字化け problem

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 08:37:50 -0800
s smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> I guess all Takeo fonts are not the same.  I have an ubuntu 12.10 system
> (Debian, right) and Debian 6.06 that I'm trying to move to in hopes of
> getting back to gnome-2 and because I can't seem to get Skype to work
> with Ubuntu but did on Debian.

 Hmm? takao font package is almost same in Debian and Ubuntu.
 (I'm package maintainer in Debian, and Ubuntu almost just pulls Japanese
  font packages from Debian ;)

 The difference for Takao between Debian and Ubuntu,
  - font version (but most glyph are same)
  - Ubuntu package splits out TakaoPGothic.ttf from fonts-takao-gothic
    into fonts-takao-pgothic (size limit for CD/DVD image)

> I did a quick try installing the ubuntu fonts on the debian system by
> copying the font .ttf files from the ubuntu system to the debian and
> running the gnome font installer as root but am not seeing the new fonts
> so there's more I need to do. I'm out of time and will need to return to
> this.

 Please try to get font package list via

 $ dpkg --get-selections | grep ttf-

--