Re: [tlug] Japanese and Android tablets like the Nexus 7

On 12/26/2012 11:14 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:41:38PM +0900, Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
</shameless-plug>
Indeed, congrats.

Thanks :)

MX Player is the undisputed winner here. VLC is still quite
flaky on Android.

Will give that a try the next days when the sessions of the
Chaos Communication Congress are streamed.

I've also been hearing good things about the Archos Video Player
lately, but I haven't actually used it. Can play directly from
remote SMB shares, etc. (currently 399 JPY)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video

Any ideas how to configure the weather view which can be
seen here on the left side?
http://www.blogcdn.com/japanese.engadget.com/media/2011/10/eeepadslidersl10102.jpg

This image crashed Chrome... But maybe it was just the
final straw :)

Must be something really simple.. but did not get this
view so far.

Not sure what version the EeePad is running, but looks like
some sort of widget with a transparent background. Usually
the way to get to those is to open the app drawer, tap the
'WIDGETS' tab, find the widget you want and drag it to the
home screen. Of course it could be a custom one that only
comes with that device/version. In that case, you might
want to try Beautiful Widgets, it has a nice selection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets

HTH