Re: [tlug] Japanese and Android tablets like the Nexus 7

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:33:55PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I started out with mtpfs[1] rather than jmtpfs[2]. mtpfs seems to work
> fine (if slowly) except for timestamping everything at the epoch, which
> makes life difficult when using rsync, git and similar programs that use
> timestamps. Does jmtpfs maintain timestamps?

Unfortunatelly no.  Also not sshfs, althou the nexus7 filesystem
seems to record accesstime properly for me when logging in via
ssh and testing this.

> However, I've sinced discovered Dropbox[3]. Originally I set myself
> up on this to exchange a few large files with some less technically
> sophisticated friends, but having tried it out on my tablet and phone,
> too, it looks to be great for sharing of data that isn't especially
> secret. (And it's free when you need to store only a few GB or less.)
> I'm going to try moving my book and music libraries in to it at some
> point soon; I can let you know how it goes, if there's any interest.

webdav seems not much far away, just that the client does not cache
data.  webdav shares could be hosted by oneself on the internet via
https.

Thanks for the hint on Kanji Recognizer.

Christian