Re: [tlug] Japanese and Android tablets like the Nexus 7

Well, I fixed it. It was far from obvious.

First, in the settings, I had the iWnn IME checked, but it
said just "Emoji input" below it. I went into the settings for it,
clicked "Input languages," unchecked "Use system language," and then
checked "Japanese" in the list below that was just enabled. (I also
later disabled Emoji input, since it just got in the way, I found.)

Then I had to go to my "Android Keyboard (English (US))" settings as
well, and under "Advanced settings" enable "Switch to other input
methods" to bring in a language switch key that would switch to iWnn.

Now it works. No guarantees that I didn't accidently do something else
along the way that I didn't realize that would keep this from working
for someone else.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974