Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

+1 for Linode too. We have several machines of various sizes in the
Tokyo and LA datacenters.

I also have a couple of machines on Amazon EC2 in Tokyo and Singapore.
I like the repos for Amazon EC2, their documentation is excellent too.

Rackspace is good as well. I like the fact that they're a big
supporter of OpenStack. A friend with extensive experience with them
recommends their service over AWS. I have a relatively old instance on
Rackspace DFW (1st Gen from Slicehost). In case you inquire, their
Hong Kong datacenter doesn't have cloud facilities yet.