Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:43:20 +0900
Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a Linux-based VPS that allows about 40 GB
> (preferably something in the Debian/Ubuntu family).

 Goooood! :)

> Location can be
> here in Japan, as well as in North America or Europe, hopefully in
> the range of less than $50 a month.
>
> Most importantly, what we ideally want is a provider that offers a
> barebones Linux install as an option. We want to be able to install
> our own Apache, Perl, rsync, ssl and BDB, never hit these issues
> with cpanel or any similar junk and get to run only what we want,
> how we want.

 I wrote comparison for VPS in Ubuntu Magazine Japan and can recommend
 "Sakura Internet" for you. And now they have "SSD" option and quite
 nice - 2GB mem, 100GB SSD, 3core CPU, 3,680yen/month.
 see http://vps.sakura.ad.jp/

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org